The staff at our vasectomy reversal clinic is so happy to be able to help you along your journey to starting a family! Before your surgery, there are just a few preparations to take care of the days leading up to the procedure in order for you to have a successful vasectomy reversal. This information will also be discussed during your initial consultation.
Vasectomy Reversal Preparation Information
Carefully following some general guidelines will help to ensure the best chance for a successful vasectomy reversal. These guidelines include:
- Hydrating well, especially the day before the procedure.
- Filling necessary prescriptions, including antibiotics and pain medications.
- Removing all metal including earrings, necklaces and any other piercings.
- Preparing ice bags (or frozen veggies) to help reduce possible swelling after the procedure.
- Preparing clothing that is easy to remove, such as sweats, pajama pants and slip-on shoes/slippers.
Dr. Kuang will make specific, personalized instructions for you during your initial consultation based on your lifestyle and habits. Please ask any of our staff members any questions about pre-operative or post-operative instructions at any time. We are always available to help and to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
Traveling from Outside New Mexico?
We are happy to welcome any patients from out of town and help you make travel arrangements that accommodate pre-operative preparations. Contact us today for more information about traveling to New Mexico for your vasectomy reversal procedure!