Request a FREE Consultation at 505-400-0876
Vasectomy Reversal Doctor
Wayne Kuang, M.D.
Male Fertility & Vasectomy Reversal Specialist
At Southwest Fertility Center for Men, you are more than just another patient; from the moment you walk in, you are a member of our extended family. We understand that this journey may be a stressful one and that everyone comes to their decision about a vasectomy reversal differently. Dr. Wayne Kuang, M.D. and our staff are honored to help you start the family that you’ve been wanting.
High Vasectomy Reversal Success Rate
As the only fellowship-trained specialist in New Mexico, Dr. Kuang maintains a 97% success rate for vasectomy reversals. After graduating from Stanford with a medical degree, he trained at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, developing a greater set of skills and understanding of male infertility to increase the success of the procedures he performs.
Our reasons for pursuing a microsurgical exploration to look for sperm was because we always wanted a family. Dr. Kuang made us feel very comfortable, he was easy to communicate with at our first visit. The staff was great…
Advancing the Field of Male Reproduction and Delivering State-of-the-Art Care
Dr. Kuang’s contributions to the field of male infertility have allowed him to provide a more convenient, less stressful vasectomy reversal for his patients. He is committed to educating himself to the highest degree in order to ensure a maximum success rate while offering options in order to keep the cost affordable. Some of his contributions to the male infertility field include:
- Investigating techniques to look at the integrity of sperm DNA to shed light on how sperm live and how they swim
- Developing the “Vasectomy Reversal Predictor” program that helps patients predict whether they might need a more complex procedure, called a vasoepididymostomy, with over 80% accuracy
- Exploring robotic technology with vasectomy reversal, to make the procedure quicker, easier and more accurate
- Analyzing the largest series of end-to-side vasoepididymostomies at the Cleveland clinic to help patients better understand their chances of success with the more complex reversal
- Conducting research on a novel imaging technology that may help specialists see into the testicle to locate sperm for infertile men
In addition to his research, Dr. Kuang is most recently published in the following:
- Kuang, W.: Male Fertility Practice: Diagnosing the Cause of Male Infertility: Is It Necessary?. Editions ESKA, Paris, France. In Press 2012
- Kuang, W.: Male Infertility: Chapter 1 The Evaluation of the Infertile Man, p. 1-13. Humana Press, New York, NY. 2011.
- Murray KS, James A, McGeady JB, Reed ML, Kuang WW, Nangia AK.: The effect of the new 2010 World Health Organization criteria for semen analyses on male infertility. Fertil Steril. 2012 Dec;98(6):1428-31.
- Penn HA, Windsperger A, Smith Z, Parekattil SJ, Kuang WW, Kolettis PN, Nangia AK.:
National semen analysis reference range reporting: adherence to the 1999 World Health Organization guidelines 10 years later. Fertil Steril. 2011 Jun;95(7):2320-3. Epub 2011 Mar 31.
Thanks to our technology, which includes microsurgical equipment, and Dr. Kuang’s research and skill, we are able to perform vasectomy reversals as an out-patient procedure, with most only lasting a few hours.
Commitment to Your Partner
Dr. Kuang understands that male fertility is only half of the equation when it comes to starting a family. He is committed to working with your partner’s female fertility specialist to tailor the treatment plan to reflect the woman’s reproductive needs and optimize a man’s reproductive capacity while respecting a couple’s personal belief system.
Dr. Kuang belongs to several professional associations to stay current with the latest news and progress in the field of male infertility, including:
- American Urology Association (AUA)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU)
- American Society of Andrology (ASA)
- Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR)
Outside of our Office
In addition to serving as the Director for Southwest Fertility Center for Men, Dr. Kuang also serves as Assistant Professor in the Division of Urology for the University of New Mexico and is a Partner at Albuquerque Urology Associates. When Dr. Kuang is not helping people start a family, he enjoys spending time at home with his family, hiking in the Sandia Mountains, and playing his guitar.
If you would like to learn more about reversing your vasectomy, we are happy to answer your questions; contact us to schedule an appointment!